Thursday 22 September 2016

From the mud did we arrived. To the mud we will go.

Hello there! My name is Álvaro Lizama, i am student of 4th year in anthropology with mention in archaeology, at the University of Chile.  I born in Santiago in 1993 and I think that since I was a child, I ever want to work with the ground. And actually, from the words from a wise men that I did knew in one of my travels in the north of Chile, I am studying for get paid for work with sand and stones, just like I did it when I played when I was a kid playing with rocks and sand, trying to build something with mud and grass, like it were a ancient ruin from a forgotten people.

I know right now, that is not too simple. This knowledge have a wide social relevance for a lot of people and communities, where the past is not just a history to teach some night in a book, but it is they own history and of they forefathers. It’s a living past right in they daily actions, thoughts and feelings.


No comments:

Post a Comment