Thursday 24 November 2016

Conjure up the past

I am going to talk about a particular song that it has been crucial since a few years ago. I said since because it still being important and rebuilding his meanings to me. The type of music i dont know how label it, but it is trascendental the musical instruments taking part in this piece, from electrycal guitars until charangos. Bersuit Vergarabat is a famous band of rock in Argentina, but many of theirs song go beyond of this genre. Vuelos is a song that the band dedicate to the relatives of the people killed and vanished by the Militar Dictatorship of Argentina. It is a song that cross mountains, deserts and forests until other countries of America. From my personal interpretation can be taked in many ways of meanings from his lyrics. The main toppic is about someone that is not with us and we just have they memorie. What it remains? How ourselves, the lives, will be go on without that person. A grave? A thing that evocate a particular memorie? A feel of solitude and insignificance. A feel about the time is inevitable and that all of us will be reached by his effects someday. The thing is that sometimes it pass too fast and pass to many things, but it’s not enough.

"Your face it is banishing
Its dye of grey
You will be a solitude stone
You detach from me
I remain in you
Now my eyes are of mud
In the flood
Its growing, its decreacing
It appear and then its go".



Portrait from the album Libertinaje (1998)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsiamo1iB-Q

3 comments:

  1. Argentinians are really good at music, I personally hear La Renga and Sui Generis, I think I will see Bersuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! interesting. What more interesting appraisals you have, you have to listen to the song to see if I think something similar: D

    ReplyDelete